A little while ago, I was able to formulate what my dream bedroom would look like if I (as I am today--an adult) were eight years old. It was so fun putting together the bedroom, that I decided to make one for a more mature, teenage me. What would you put in your dream teenage bedroom?
1. The Brimnes Bed from IKEA provides ample storage (ahem, hiding places) for things like love notes, candy and other secret adolescent treasures. $249
2. I can't resist this Industrial Task Table Lamp even today. I want it on my desk, all bright and pretty. From West Elm, $79.
3. Pretty chevron Capri Mat from Pottery Barn Teen (angsty black and white, please), $117.99 - $243.99.
4. This Blood Orange Knit Pouf from CB2 is the modern day bean-bag chair. Cute and stylish, yet comfy enough to curl up against on the carpet and watch a scary movie. $89.95
5. For endless nights staring at the ceiling and listening to records: sweet Urbanears Headphones in Ocean, available at Urban Outfitters, $60.
6. I don't know why, but I know my teenage self would be really into this cow pillow. Adult me thinks it's pretty great too. The Marimekko Iltavilli 20" pillow from Crate & Barrel, $49.
7. I distinctly remember my elementary to high school crush being Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. I'd definitely display this vintage French film poster proudly. Good luck finding it! Try ebay.
Images 1-6 as linked above. To Kill a Mockingbird vintage poster from Universal International.