Despite visiting several times, I have dreamed of France for ages. I just can't get enough of the "laissez-nous faire" way of life. I'd pick pretty much any city to vacation in, but if I had my pick of hotel amenities, you can bet that these would be on my dream list.
1. A beautiful work of art by a skilled, independent artist. "A Windy Day in Paris" by Matteart on Etsy, $195.
2. A full-bodied Bordeaux red wine (any will do), from the corner shop.
3. A dazzling vacation read, My Life in France, by Julia Child and Alex Prud'Homme, $26.95 from your local bookstore
4. I wish to sleep in the lap of modern luxury: the Reve Bed, designed by Niels Bendsten, available from Design Within Reach, $2,864
5. Edith Piaf? Serge Gainsbourg? The possibilities are endless: the lovely Crosley AV Room Portable Record Player, from Urban Outfitters, $160
6. Stripes are universal, especially this Modern Ash Striped Duvet Set from Dwell Studio, $310
7. Plus, a gorgeous light to read by: the Mulberry Tripod Floor Lamp from School House Electric, $569.
(Images: as linked above)