Most of the things we've read agree that having your baby in your room for the first six months is the safest choice. Now...how to make your space work!
• Before you get into the fun, decorating stuff, make sure your bedroom is clean. You might want to invest in dust mite covers for your own pillows/bedding and an air purifier/humidifier. Think about blackout curtains and other ways to make the lighting appropriate for sleep time. All of these improvements will benefit both baby and you.
• Keep it simple. Maybe you're into bright colors, but calming, neutral tones may be the way to go to suit both baby and you.
• Use a dresser/changing table to gain extra storage space if you have the room.
• Purge through your own things in the entire apartment before baby comes so that you can free up some space.
• Choose natural materials like pretty baskets or wood for storage rather than plastics.
• Look for artwork that is pleasing to your eyes and baby's. Etsy has some great and affordable finds that we love to look at. A simple wooden mobile like this one would go well with adult decor.
Below are a few of the shared bedroom tours we've highlighted here at Ohdeedoh.
Readers- share your own tips!