We would have loved to attend Olivia's lively party - and not just because it was in sunny Florida. Her mom Sonia describes it: I spent a lot of time thinking about what theme to pick for Olivia's first birthday - but ended up just going with a mishmash of colors, ideas, and themes. I wanted everything to be bright and colorful and, of course, incorporating pink! Olivia likes balls - all shapes and colors - so I used that as a guide as well.
• I made the "Happy Birthday" sign using scrapbook paper and repurposed ribbon that I had actually been storing since my wedding!
• The laterns i bought and the tissue puffs i made (once again using tissue that I had been storing for years). I strung these from tree to tree using fishing line.
• Birthday crown - homemade with felt and stick-on gems using ideas from Ohdeedoh!
For party entertainment:
• I made a ball pit out of a pack-n-play which was a hit!
• I created a VIB (very important baby) area using a baby fence. I added a bunch of toys and balls for them to play and they loved it! The parents loved it too!
• I used an idea I found here on Ohdeedoh (panda crunch) and made "Olivia's awesome snack mix". I combined puffs, cheerios, pirate's booty popcorn, goldfish, and animal crackers in clear baggies and marked them with a homemade label. Another hit! I also stacked them in groups in the center of each table to create centerpieces!