Katie's room for her daughter is a nice mix of vintage and modern. The color scheme has a 70s vibe to it (hello Raggedy Ann) balanced by the modern lines of the furniture. She shares: Our little girl is due in one month, and we couldn't be more excited to bring her home to her new room. I will admit that I was perusing magazines, online, and just about every source I could get my hands on daily for nursery inspiration the moment I found out I was pregnant. While I didn't officially "start" on her nursery until we found out the sex, I did pick out the furniture and bedding prior.
I knew all along that even if it was a girl, I wanted a room that didn't scream too girly, but rather had some vintage flair to offset the modern furniture I had chosen. I really wanted colors that were more subdued, that played against the vintage nursery rhyme prints I had found for her walls. I also thought with the range of colors, it will allow her to grow into the room, rather than it looking outdated or too "baby" in a few years.
Overall, I am super excited with how it all turned out and we can't wait to bring her home and introduce her to her new surroundings.
• Furniture: Baby Mod "Olivia" - Walmart
• Bedding: Dwell Studio "Dot Fun" - Target
• Set of 6 Framed Nursery Rhymes: Williams Sonoma Baby
• Little Miss Muffet Picture: Already Owned (In my room as a child)
• Paint: Valspar "Khaki"
• Book Rack: Amazon
• Rug: "Flokati" via Amazon
• Light Fixture: Already in Room (just happened to go with colors perfectly)
• Paper Lanterns: Hobby Lobby
• Tissue Paper Flowers: I made using tissue from Hobby Lobby
• 1,2,3, hooks: Hobby Lobby
• Side Table/Hourglass: Husband's Grandparents
• Rocking Chair: Garage Sale
• Rocking Chair Pad: "Baby Doll Bedding" via Amazon
• Elephant Lamp: Given by M.I.L. recovered the shade in a million felt petals
• Giant Safety Pin: Gift at Baby Shower
• Vintage Dresses: Gifts from M.I.L
• Dolls and Stuffed Animals: Owned from Childhood or Gifts
Thanks Katie! We're sure she'll love her room. Readers, say hello to Katie at Pop Culture Cuisine.
(Images: Katie/Pop Culture Cuisine)