Guiliana shares her secondhand-with-love nursery for her daughter Emerald: Things happened pretty organically in our nursery. We couldn't change the wall colour as we live in a rented house. With dusky pink on the walls, its lucky we're having a girl!
My husband asked his parents to dig out his and his brother's old toys from their attic. His favourites were the Werebears and My Pet Monsters. And so a kinda monster theme was born! Through eBay we now have quite a collection of 1980s stuffed toys! Much of eveything else was bought secondhand as I love scouring shops and flea markets for interesting things much to my husband's dismay :)
• The wooden animals plaques on the wall are from a French childrens croquet set.
• The nursing chair is from an auction.
• The grim reaper dances to The Munsters music! My husband is an ex-goth so couldn't resist buying some things for the nursery at Halloween (including quite a few skeleton onesies!). We thought the black and white colour would be good for a newborn too!
• The nursery furniture - cot, changing table, chest of drawers - are all from Boori.
• Monsters from Ebay though the blue one eyed monster was made by my husband when he was a toddler.
• The circle lamp on the side table is by British lighting company Original BTC
• The print between the mirrors is by Brighton artist Keeki called 'Red Riding Howl' from Art Republic
• The bunting is from Waitrose
• The pics of miffy and monsters were an idea of my husband's - again to give our baby some clear black and white pictures to focus on.
I've ordered some of the monster prints featured on your website from Familytree. Can't wait till they arrive! I really love how all the colours have worked together and it's such a great room to spend time in!
Thanks Guiliana and Emerald!