Any guest would be lucky to bunk with Emily in this charming room. Karen shares: We wanted Emily's room to be bright and whimsical, but it also has to double as a guest room when the grandparents come to visit!
We worked within a budget (to keep me from getting too carried away), which helped us to creatively repurpose some materials and fabrics I already owned and motivated us to DIY the rest. The orange, yellow, and turquoise color scheme was inspired by the lovely mermaid print I found on Etsy. Luckily I had a stash of Heather Ross Mendocino fabric featuring mermaids and ocean creatures for the crib ruffle and decorations, including the fabric pieces we framed as art on all three walls.
• Hutch and changing table: South Shore furniture
• Crib: Graco Stanton, in White
• Rug: Dwell Studio Draper Stripe Rug, from Lumens
• Mermaid Mommy and Baby giclee print: The Paper Nut
• Frames: White frames from Target, Wood frames from Kohl's
• Crib ruffle: DIY, Heather Ross Mendocino fabric collection
• Valance: DIY, Premier Prints indoor/outdoor fabric from Fabric.com
• Paper Lanterns: Paper Lantern Store
• Futon slipcover: Futon Covers
Lovely! Thanks Karen!
(Images: Karen C.)