Henry's room manages to be simultaneously sophisticated, charming and relaxed. His mom Holly tells us about some of her DIY projects for his room: There are lots of pretty bird mobiles online but they are so expensive. I found this driftwood branch at Marshalls and I used little flowers and birds from Hobby Lobby to decorate it and hung it with clear wire.
I used my Cricut machine to cut laminate and make the heart on the tree (which stands for me and my husbands initials and also for "everyone loves Henry") and the accents on the windows.
I bought neutral cubby bins at Target and used wool felt to decorate them. I then hand stitched them to give them a more finished look. (Fyi: it is much easier to trace or draw on the back of the felt first before cutting and use a glue gun to adhere.) I used wall Velcro to adhere the lion to the picture frame without the glass which has a cool 3D look in person. The bears on the lamps are cut out of paper and adhered to the interior of the lamp.
• Crib: Walmart Baby Mod Modena
• Changing Table: South Shore SoHo at Walmart
• Bedding: Babybedding.com
• Koala wall decal: Leolittlelion
• Window & heart vinyl decals: DIY using Cricut machine
• Flower Pillow: Bedbuggs
• Blue Coral Pillow: PotteryBarn
• Bear Pillow: Bijou Kitty
• Gray Owl: Pier 1
• Giraffe: Babies R Us
• Hanging art: DIY, Falldowntree, Isabellsumbrella, Odd Fauna, Petit Collage, Grr Said The Bear, LoxlyHollow, Hillary Bird and Trafalgassquare
• Switch plate: IRMI
• Tissue holder: Gnome Sweet Gnome
• Lamps: Ashley Furniture (with DIY bear added)
• Rug: World Market
• Mushroom pouf: Anthropologie
• Curtains: Target
• Cubby: Target
• Bins: neutral ones bought at Target that I used wool felt to decorate
• Picture Frames: Kohls
• Banners in front of window: Marshalls
• Raccoons: American Girl Crafts
(Images: Reader Holly)
Have you seen our Nursery & Kids Room Submission Form? In addition to working with some readers to feature full tours, we will also share the best as "My Room" posts on Ohdeedoh -- short, quick tours of great rooms. Submit yours right here.