It turns out that JD's awesome robot party was only the tip of the robot iceberg. His mom Adriana tells us about his robot room: Our 2 year old son JD loves robots, so we decided a robot big boy room was the perfect choice when we recently remolded his bedroom. We didn't have an exact budget in mind for his new room remodel but did manage to keep our spending down by re-purposing existing furniture and doing most of our shopping on Craigslist and at IKEA! Since the re-do he's been spending a lot more time in his new room. Whenever someone comes to visit he immediately takes them to his room and wants to play, which makes us so happy!
• Valspar Heritage Blue Paint: Lowes
• Life-Size Red Vintage Robot: Made by JD's grandpa
• Robot Canvas by Peter Freeman: HomeGoods
• Petra Modern Toddler Bed: Craigslist (Retails for $300, we paid $100)
• Hampton Bay Metarie 24 inch Ceiling Fan: Home Depot
• IKEA MALM Dresser: Craiglist (I added drawer handles, a robot vinyl sticker and paint)
• Book Ledges: IKEA RIBBA Frame Ledge
• DVD Storage: IKEA BEKVÄM Spice Rack
• Picture Frames: IKEA RIBBA Frame (I spray painted the matting red and removed the glass)
• Martha Stewart Green Fabric Bins: Home Depot
• Circo Robot Bedding: Target
Thanks Adriana! Readers, visit Adriana at Baby Makes Three.
(Images: Adriana Formica Garcia)