Fly away with Kirsten to visit her son Jett's room: My son's name is Jett. In designing his nursery I wanted to steer clear of the obvious airplane theme. But guess what? I just couldn't do it. The airplanes kept calling to me. If I had to describe this room in 3 words they would be; Adventure, Colorful and Sentimental. Jett's room is full of mementos from my husband's childhood and even has a few items from our travels. The biggest challenge in the room was the size. I’ve seen closets bigger than this room. It’s tiny! I wanted each item in the room to be meaningful, whimsical or functional.
• The crib is from Wal-Mart and the bedding I had made by an Etsy seller.
• The prints above the crib I got on Etsy from another seller.
• Since I wanted Jett's room to have a semi-adventurous feel to it I loved the idea of globes hanging from the ceiling. I got them at a Utah Idaho Supply store just down the street from my house.
• I saw this cute display done at Anthropologie with a strand of paper airplanes. I had my husband fold a whole bunch of them and I strung them together. They go from one wall to the other right over the crib and changing table.
• The "J" was a gift.
• The globes all have special meaning behind them. The tall one I got for my husband when I was in Russia, the middle one he had when he was in Brazil and the smallest one was a gift my parents got for me in Europe.
• The little schoolhouse picture on the right was done by my husband's grandmother. It kinda looks like needlepoint and it hung in his nursery when he was a baby.
• The poster above the changing table is a reproduction of a vintage poster from the airline my husband flies for.
• We bought the changing table on Craigslist and I changed out the knobs for some I bought at Alice Lane Home Collection.
• The two airplane models are my husband's.
This room is my pride and joy. I love bringing my little boy in here and watching his eyes take in his room. It’s perfect.
Thanks Kirsten and Jett! (Kirsten invites you to see more at 6th Street Design School)
Have you seen our Nursery & Kids Room Submission Form? In addition to working with some readers to feature full tours, we will also share the best as "My Room" posts on Ohdeedoh — short, quick tours of great rooms. Submit yours right here.