The cohesive look of this lovely room belies its diy origins. Hannah tells us more: The first thing I did to the room was paint it. I used some leftover paint I had lying in the garage. I can't tell you the name of the color because I mixed a few different colors to achieve this shade.
I usually start projects on a whim, so that day I painted this entire room with only a medium size paint brush--no roller on hand. But, by the end of painting my arm felt like it was going to fall off!
Secondly, I made the headboards. I knew I wanted the colors to be various shades of aqua, teal, and pink. I found the fabric on clearance at a local fabric store. I had my husband cut the particle board to size and assembled the headboards in one evening. The hardest part was getting the printed fabric to line up evenly. All in all the project cost under $70 dollars to do.
The remainder of the room credits go to various thrift store finds, a local artist, and Ikea. All in all it was a fun redo and I'm pleased with the results!
Thanks Hannah! Readers, say hit to Hannah at Cosmos in Chaos.
(Images: Cosmos in Chaos)