I'm always on the look out for great new gadgets to write about, but my favourites are always close to hand (although I don't always make a habit of leaving them lying amongst the pigeons and in trees in London's Soho Square!). Here's my Tech Top 10 ...1. Olympus PEN E-PL1 camera: In at number one...it's got to be the Olympus PEN E-PL1 camera, which bridges the gap between a compact and an SLR. It's small, light and takes a great shot and is based on designs by Yoshihisa Maitani from 1959. There have been quite a few updated versions since this one came out. I remember the buzz of excitement at the London launch of the Pen E-P1 as David Bailey attended it. He's definitely a legend.
2. & 3. Samsung Omnia 7 with Windows Phone 7 and Apple iPhone 4: I like to have two phones on the go as I'm terrible at remembering to charge them up. I couldn't get through the day without my iPhone 4 - even if it is just to play Angry Birds while I'm on the London underground! I've also got a Samsung Omnia 7 in my bag, which runs Windows Phone 7. I love the Super AMOLED screen and the functionality of the customable Live Tiles, which give me quick access to maps and social media.
4. Philips Swarovski Crystal USB stick: Some people collect thimbles or stamps - I collect USB sticks. I have them falling out of drawers at home and sometimes wear them as a necklace (the PNY New York design is rather cute). And the more GBs the better. This Philips Swarovski design is just 1GB, so isn't large enough for all my files, but it does take pride of place on my mantelpiece as it's the first I ever bought. Who'd have thought a USB stick could already be an heirloom?
5. ION FILM 2 SD negative scanner: I've got lots of old photos and negatives that I could do with updating to digital, so I can enjoy and share them. This clever gadget transfers 35mm negatives and slides to an SD card. It's taking me a while to get through them all as I have so many old photos, but I'm almost there...
6. Orla Kiely PURE Evoke Mio DAB Radio: Mid-century style always looks good and this PURE Evoke Mio DAB radio with iconic petal motif by print guru Orla Kiely strikes the perfect balance between the past and present. An Abacus Flower print edition in slate grey was recently launched and I can't decide which one I prefer. What do you think?
7. Chinon 609 - Power Zoom: I bought this Silent Super 8 camcorder on eBay as I fell in love with its vintage looks. I did have the intention of using it, but I haven't got round to finding the right film for it. So, it sits pretty on my mantelpiece while I cheat and use the new 8mm Vintage Camera App on my iPhone, which shoots vintage 8mm film really easily.
8. Amazon Kindle: I love the smell of a fresh paperback and there's nothing as inspiring as a bookshelf filled with great books, so I never thought I'd succumb to an e-reader but...when I'm travelling it makes perfect sense to have something slim to pop in my handbag - I'm currently reading Homicide by David Simon and that's quite a thick book to carry. The Kindle's Wi-Fi capabilities make downloading new books easy - a little too easy that I might get hooked.
9. FLIP VIDEO MINO HD: Seeing as I always forget to charge my iPhone 4, it's good to have a dedicated compact video camera on hand in my bag to shoot crystal-clear footage of friends, family and cute pets!
10. Livescribe Pulse Smartpen: This is a fun and handy piece of kit - it's a pen that doubles as a dictaphone and easily transfers audio and handwritten notes to digital. Clever and time saving - the perfect combination.
And check our archives of other My Tech Top 10 profiles here!