Name: Myka + Georges Haddad
Location: Laurel Heights, San Francisco, CA
Size: 600 square feet
Years lived in: 6 years, rented
Myka of the blog Modern Sequins shows us how great style can translate from fashion to the home. With pieces collected from years of event styling and her signature sparkle throughout, the apartment that she calls home with her husband George is only out-shined by one thing...
...Her wardrobe! She let us take a peek and it inspired some major closet envy (on top of proving that you can do a lot without an actual closet.)
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: We are a mix of modern (my husband) and curated objects (me). We love mixing strong pieces with delicate touches.
Inspiration: The city, traveling, clean lines, bright spaces.
Favorite Element: The hanging crocheted basket. We are in the process of adoption, and our sweet friends Danielle + Kelsey got us that basket in Mexico. They had to hand carry that thing on two plane rides and it truly means so very much to us. Once we have our little, we will use it to store lots and lots of baby blankets and books.
Biggest Challenge: Storage. Seriously, we barely have any. But this is San Francisco living after all. You just deal with it….aka, why we display a lot of objects that normally would be tucked away.
What Friends Say: “You obviously love white furniture.” And “Your TV is smaller then my computer screen.”
Biggest Embarrassment: Our kitchen. We don’t like the finishes in there but can’t really do anything about it since we rent.
Proudest DIY: The tassel "head board" is a favorite DIY. I (Myka) made it for a birthday party we hosted at our home and then decided to recycle it by pinning the strands above our bed. Adds a bit of whimsy, which I'm a big fan of.
Biggest Indulgence: Chairs. We may have a slight obsession. We may or may not have a few chairs in storage too.
Best Advice: Just go with your heart. Most of our friends think we are crazy for having so many white items in our place, but we love the fact that it gives our small apartment a lot of brightness.
Dream Sources: Roost, West Elm, Design Within Reach.
Resources of Note:
PAINT & COLORS
- Don’t know, same paint as when we moved in.
- Cabinet: IKEA
- Owl umbrella holder: West Elm
- Sofas: Big Daddy’s Antiques
- Coffee table: CB2
- Rug: West Elm
- Gold side table: Target
- Cork stool: Vitra
- Rocking chair: Eames
- Pillows: Pottery Barn, West Elm, Etsy
- Pedestal table: DWR
- Chairs: Panton (Vitra) and Eames
- Vases: Jonathan Adler, Crate + Barrel
- Light fixture: Tord Boontje
- Lamp: Kartell
- Art: Kelli Murray, Anna Korkobcova, Georges’s mom Ginny, typewritten notes from our wedding guests
- Palm Tree photo: Abi Quisenberry Photography
- Black and white stool: CB2
- Gold poof: eBay
- TV console: IKEA
- Animals: Z Gallerie
- Decal (be brave): Shaunna Murray
- Mirror table: Target
- Clock: Vitra
- Poster: DIY, printed a Christopher Poindexter poem at Kinko’s.
- Bedding: West Elm
- Moroccan Wedding Blanket: The Loaded Trunk
- Wardrobes: IKEA
- Baskets: Target
- Art: Kari Herrar, Kelli Murray, typewritten notes from our wedding guests
- Mirror: IKEA
- Decal (you are loved): Shaunna Murray
- Bench stools: Target
- Sheepskin rugs: IKEA
- Hanging basket: from Mexico
Thanks, Myka and George!
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here.
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.
Follow Apartment Therapy's board House Tours Apartment Therapy on Pinterest.
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!
(Image credits: Kim Lucian)