- Tarrytown, NY
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I wanted a neutral-gender color scheme for my son’s nursery. We already had all the white furniture and I love grey. So I just needed to add some color. I wanted the room to be a happy and bright space so I was between green, orange and yellow as accent colors. After creating three mood boards and seeing everything together, and with some help from family and friends, we decided on the yellow-grey-white color scheme. Once we started putting the room together I added some brown accents.
- Colors used in my room
- Soft and bold yellows, greys, whites and browns.
On the walls: Natural Grey (UL260-11) and Yellow Corn (330B-5) by Behr
- Tips for using color successfully
- I’d always start with a neutral color as a base. From there you can add more colors, complementing ones, contrasting ones, or just add some pops of a bold color. The variety of neutral colors now is huge. With a neutral color as a base you can experiment until you find a color scheme you like and you can always keep updating the look of your room, by just changing accessories, furniture, adding an accent wall or a fun pattern in totally new color.
- Yellow & Grey Sunshine
Room for Color