- WORLD MARKET: 372 Fourth Avenue
Great for interesting eats and inexpensive home goods.
2. Go-to Shop for Gifts
- THE SAN DIEGO TRADING CO.: Seven separate stores
They can be found in multiple locations downtown for tourist type gifts.
3. Best Vintage Shop, Thrift Store, or Flea Market
- Still looking for this gem!
4. Favorite Bookstore
- BORDERS: 668 6th Avenue
5. Favorite Coffee Shop, Café, or Restaurant
- J. WOK: 744 Market Street
Best yellow curry ever! Also BASIC Urban Kitchen + Bar - best pizza! Mashed potato & bacon pizza is a must.
6. Best Hardware/Paint Store
- ACE HARDWARE: 675 Sixth Avenue
Between G & Market
7. Best Place to Pick Up Groceries
- RALPH'S: 101 G Street
Ralph's for groceries. I prefer Little Italy's Farmers Market, Saturdays 9-1. It's 1.5 miles from Gaslamp. I walk it, but you can trolley or drive.
8. Best Place to Buy Flowers
- 3RD AVENUE FARMERS MARKET: 400 block of Third Ave between Island & J
The Farmers Market on Sundays 9:00-1:00 or Allen's Flowers during the week.
9. Best Neighborhood Park
- EMBARCADERO MARINA PARK: By the San Diego Bay
Reading a book, walking the dog or just enjoying the weather. Also, Petco Park is nice. Watch the away games on a big screen in the park.
10. Best Spot to Take Visitors
- PETCO PARK: 100 Park Boulevard
Petco Park for a Padres Game or Seaport Village by the San Diego Bay for more restaurants and lovely bay views.
Thanks, Dustin & Whitney! Photos: Dustin & Whitney Beasley
Interested in sharing your neighborhood with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our Neighborhood Guide Submission Form.