- Sydney Australia
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I associate colours with things that make me happy. I love sunny days and warmth and summer, so I end up using a lot of oranges and yellows. The purple accents are somewhat inspired by gorgeous jacaranda. That way, my room is basically a more permanent version of a sunny November afternoon (Southern hemisphere, just go with me that November is sunny...). I'm also inspired by the places I visit. The runner over the end of the bed, the rug, and the cushion cover repurposed from a small tablecloth were from a trip to Turkey, and I loved the way the colours played off each other.
- Colors used in my room
- Dulux Play School and Encounter
- Tips for using color successfully
- Forget the conventional wisdom that blues and greens and pale shades should be used in bedrooms because they're restful. One of my favourite rooms in the past was a gorgeous bright yellow that was like a giant splash of sunlight, and despite colour theory saying that no one should be able to sleep in that, I slept just fine. Use the colours that make you happy, and your room will make you happy no matter what.
- Sunny Day
Room for Color