Let's face it, helpful little hands are fun when fixing snacks or cleaning, but not so much where (permanent) paint is concerned. Often, I find the only time to get projects done around the house is during nap (forget bedtime — by then I'm beat). So, I thought I'd break down a few favorite colorful home projects for parents who, like me, want to get their color on during nap time (whether that's a single-sleepcycle-snooze or a 3-hour-doozie).
Whatever length your child's nap, there's time to squeeze in some color. Here are some projects for adding color to your home that can be completed in that precious window:
My toddler's taking marathon 3-hour naps.
- Print DIY Patterned Fabric
- Paint a Door Threshold or two.
- Paint a Windowsill or Window Trim in a bright, unexpected color.
- Go graphic with DIY roller blinds.
- Paint an accent wall.
I have an hour and a half to get a project done.
- Try painting a carpet.
- How To Spray Paint Metal Furniture
- How To Use Upholstery Spray Paint
- Five Ways To Customize Cabinets with Colored Contact Paper
- Create a stretched canvas tryptich.
Quick! Forty-five minutes 'til baby's awake!