Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- London UK (England)
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that it has a hotel feel about it - crisp sheets, huge bed - and yet everywhere I look I am reminded of the journey we went on to get to this room, this home, this marriage. Everything in that room has a history and I love being reminded of that. I also love how quiet it is - it's at the top of the house and once the windows are open all I can hear are the birds.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I try not to buy, accessorize or decorate with anything unless I absolutely love it. A bedroom is such a personal space and it clutters your mind if it's full of stuff that's meaningless. Position your bed where it can get the most daylight in the mornings. Natural light is the best wake-up call so if you can live without curtains / blinds then all the better. If you share your space with a partner, try and find room to house your individual personalities. It makes for a more rewarding atmosphere. Oh, and a little vase of flowers, or even fresh mint does wonders for the soul too!
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- A little slipper stool in the corner made an ideal reading nook and I love nothing more than opening the skylight above and curling up with a book. I also added in some extra lighting points and used dimmer switches so that we can create different moods. By not having a TV in the bedroom it helps us to get away from the outside world. We used the tiny space behind the door to create a panelled wardrobe, and by hiding all the "everyday" stuff in this way it feels more relaxing and luxurious.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat