- Toronto Canada
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- So much! It's huge, so it feels like a big airy space where you can breathe. There is tons of wall space, as well, so I have lots of flexibility on how to design and decorate... similarly, the size of the room allows for a *huge* 17-foot long closet where I can organize all of my things. The thing I like MOST, however, are the original architectural details of my room, some of which are over 100 years old... from original doorknob on my door to the stained-glass window of a chickadee that sings over my doorway onto a small breakfast balcony... I mean, could you ask for anything more?
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I'm a big fan of keeping your bedroom an uncluttered haven. Keep things on display that are simple and calming, but still feel like they boldly represent you, and that remind you of happy places or things.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Other than sleeping, I use my bedroom to play with my dog Molly for long periods of time... she loves rolling around on the bed. Also, my huge closet and mirrored wall make for a great place to try on and plan outfits. I try to keep my work out of the bedroom to keep it a bit of a safe place away from any stress.
My Bedroom Retreat