- Grand Rapids, MI
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I was inspired by our backyard. This a four season porch, and I wanted it to feel like an extension of the outdoors. I used a calming green for the walls and trim, which flows with the evergreen trees in our backyard and gives the room a expansive feeling. The ceiling is a pale, sky blue. It's a very relaxing place to sit year round.
- Colors used in my room
- The paint colors were Peridot and Dusk, by Ellen Kennon. The floor is brown, and I added a gold rug to bring in the colors of the kitchen and eating area the porch opens to.
- Tips for using color successfully
- It's such a cliche, but use what you love. I think that if you use colors you love throughout your house, everything will flow and go beautifully together.
- Outside In
Room for Color