Design: The Native American Teepee
Materials: Cardboard (84% recycled content)
Designer: Maud Beauchamp and Marie-Pier Guilmain
"EVERYONE KNOWS THAT EVERY CAT IS CRAZY FOR A CARDBOARD BOX. This Teepee distinguishes itself through its innovative design and is inspired by a classic symbol of Canadian iconography, The Amerindian culture and the collective imagination associated with it.
This Teepee have a certain je-ne-sais-quoi that makes every pet owners want to proudly put on a living room show and tell of both pet and product!"
"Rustic with a modern chic, this Loyal Luxe’s incredibly charming cat house is a sure bet for those in search of fashionable and attractive home accessories for their discerning feline.
- Made of recycled and recyclable cardboard (84% recycled content).
- Sold flat.
- Assembled in less than 2 minutes without any glue or tools.
- Instructions manual included.
- Made in Canada.
Adapted for corpulent cats: The Teepee door has been specially designed to be expandable should your cat need a wider door but remember, cats love wiggling into tight spaces. But give them a chance to prove that they may not be as overweight as you thought before you widen the door opening!"
Check them out!Designer: Maud Beauchamp and Marie-Pier Guilmain Link: www.loyalluxe.com Location: Mont-st-Hilaire, Canada
• Voting is open for four days on each design!
• Submission Form (until Sep. 21)
• Follow on Twitter - #ATShowcase
• About Design Showcase 2011: This September we're celebrating the best in undiscovered, new design for the home. We're taking submissions from independent and student designers from around the world and letting our readers vote on who they think has the best design. There's also a panel of august judges. Two winners will win $20,000 in targeted advertising placements on our sites to help launch their careers ($10k apiece).