Made from a variety of material (rattan, straw, grass cloth, sisal or bamboo), woven wood shades and blinds can give a room an earthy texture and character. They can look rustic and rugged or more neutral and tailored, depending on the weave and the materials used.FIRST ROW
• 1 Delight by Design. The combo of the full drapes with the natural roll shades is inspired in this glamorous honey-toned room.
• 2 My Little Apartment
• 3 The Lennoxx. I love how the bamboo blinds let in light on these massive windows.
• 4 Lonny. Natural blinds bring out the warm hues of a vintage desk.
• 5 House Beautiful. Here understated natural blinds a lovely contrast with the bold bedspread.
• 6 Decorare. Fabric blinds would have been too much in this room, which is already chock full of layers upon layer of fabrics.
• 7 Young House Love. Clever use of natural blinds to hide unsightly laundry room clutter.
• 8 Restored Style. Using natural woven wood blinds saves this kitchen from becoming too clinical.