We've learned that baby wipes
take centuries to degrade, and many of the ingredients found in store brand baby wipes are far from baby-friendly. So, why not make your own?
By using a thermos, cut-up receiving blankets and few simple ingredients, Green Parenting show us how to make Thine Own Baby Wipes.
To make your wipes, you'll need:
• 1/2 c Aloe Vera Juice (soother)
• 15 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract (which kills bacteria)
• 5 drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
• Enough boiling water to fill a thermos
• 2 or 3 receiving blankets you hate the most
• 1 Thermos
• 1 Rectangular casserole dish
• 1 Bowl
Green Parenting's step-by-step instructions are as followed:
1. Cut all the receiving blankets into a pile of wipes that are bigger than a matchbook, but smaller than a piece of toast.
2. Pour all the liquids into thermos.
3. Place the thermos inside the casserole dish, with the little bowl under the spout. The bowl catches any spills.
4. Wait for baby to go potty...
5. Grab a cloth wipe, squirt water on it, and then clean whatever needs cleaning.
6. Throw wipe into the little bin we use to hold the diapers.
Voilà, indeed. The wipes are simple to make, all-natural and you can use them over and over again. Great!
Photo via Wabi Sabi Baby.