The raw look of wood slabs is terrific. It pairs beautifully with clean minimalist lines, warm industrial style, and organic modern interiors. Commonly called wood slabs, slices, rounds and plaques, these are great for both special occasions and everyday. For everyday, use them as servers, or bases for potted plants, vases and statuettes. For special occasions, they look fetching as cake stands and centerpieces.
As far as a green grade goes, this ranks fairly high on the eco-friendly list. Some slabs are even made exclusively from fallen trees! They also make great DIY projects, as many wood slabs come raw and unfinished. Stain, stamp or paint them to your heart's content!
- Wood Slabs from Morgan and Bean, $20.00
- Small Basswood Round from Walnut Hollow Farms, $6.95
- Tree Slice Woodland Charger/ Cake Stand 11- 12" from Dream with Passion, $20.00
- Walnut Hollow WH5512 11 in. - 13 in. Basswood Country Panel - Extra Large from Walnut Hollow, $20.39
- 4 Wood Slab 8-9in Cake Stand from Rushing Drifts, $15.00
(Images: As credited above.)