Fickle spring weather in DC has made planning al fresco meals a little difficult of late, and as result I've been gathering ideas for inviting spring to our dining room table instead. Lucky, there has been no shortage of fresh inspirations!
• Brad Ford's simple natural tablescape has been on my desktop ever since it appeared in Lonny's December issue. It combines my favorite natural elements: raw woods, stone (placemats!), whites, and vibrant greens.
• Donna Karan's tablescape for House Beautiful is another favorite with its limited palette and variety of forms, which makes it wild and serene at the same time. My favorite element is the moss table runner. You can find preserved sheet moss at most florists and craft stores.
• Tory Burch's tablescape for House Beautiful was equally as enticing, punched up with summery blue and turquoise accents and simple potted herbs and plants. If you can't dine in the garden, bring the garden in!
• The beauty of this table setting is its sheer simplicity: all white linens and tableware with casually placed living accents. Terrariums seems to look lovely whatever the setting. This table is outdoors, but applying the same scheme indoors works well too.
• Anything arranged by the talented hands of Karen Mordechai of Sunday Suppers is destined for beauty, but this table in particular caught my eye with its weathered plank runner, candles, and mix of simple flowers and feathers in antique silver vessels.
What creative ways have you brought nature to your table?
Images: 1: Lonny, 2-3: House Beautiful, 4: via shireenq, 5:Karen Mordechai of Sunday Suppers