Clean and serene — those are pretty idyllic words for a bathroom. But neat and organized? That might seem a little out of reach for those of us with small spaces shared with roommates and family members. If you're looking for a little inspiration, there's nothing better than taking a cue from some of the best bathrooms from our house tours:
1. Lanz, Michael and Brent's Evolving History House: You gotta love this dark and dramatic bathroom. They've taken advantage of lots of floor and wall space by using a chair for seating and towel storage, installing a nice big shelf with dividers and lots of hooks below, and then even finished off with large wall art to emphasize the tall ceilings.
2. Bradley's Mini Historic Echo Park Home: Neutral colors with really cool plants make this a great bathroom, but the recessed medicine cabinet and drawers are doing all the hard work.
3. Tiffany and Jaan's Scandinavian Inspired Flat: This is a pretty tiny, simple bathroom — no large countertops, cabinets or linen closet to work with. But Tiffany & Jaan were smart to install a shelf and toiletry boxes above the towel bar, and the hook under the pedestal sink is a great way to hang a bulk hair dryer and cords.
4. Matt's Eclectic Luxury: The clean, bright white walls and floor make for a nice backdrop, but by keeping the accessories and fixture white and neutral colors, the room feels nice and streamlined. An open bench not only provides seating, but also a place to store extra towels and toilet paper rolls. Wall hooks, a freestanding toilet paper holder and a super useful medicine cabinet help organize everything else.
5. Alex's Granny Chic: Another instance of using a chair in a bathroom, this vintage chair is a nice contrast to the crisp, clean stack of folded white towels.
6 & 7. Sharon & Chris' Monochrome Wonder: Sharon & Chris are fortunate to have a large bathroom, but they've made their tranquil space organized and clean with built-in shelves in the shower a large niche over the tub to hold toiletries, candles and flowers, a vintage stool paired with a silver bowl and pitcher to contain even more bath goods, and pretty trays and a vase of flowers to beautify their vanity countertop.
8. Scott and Marie's Perfectly Put Together Home: This house did a great job of integrating vintage finds into their home, and the bathroom was no exception. Here they've used a beautiful colorful vintage cabinet, open shelving, wall mounted hooks and apothecary jars to organize keep everything visible, but nice and tidy.
9. Blythe's Urban Gypsy Inspired Abode: This charming bathroom is super organized with not just one, but several built-in medicine cabinets, towel bars, mirrors and floating shelves.
10. Krista & Zak's Philadelphia Art Hotel: Neatly folded towels, toilet paper, art and a small lamp are all organized with a few simple wall mounted shelves, while using yellows and oranges to bring together a cohesive look.
RELATED BATHROOM POSTS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Pristine Perception: Do Certain Kitchen & Bath Colors Feel "Cleaner"?
• Little Changes That Make a Big Difference: Bathroom Update Ideas
• Streamlined & Organized: Medicine Cabinet Necessities
• Organized Bathrooms: Clean and Clutter-free
• Weekend Project: 5 Steps to an Organized Bathroom
• Clean & Calming Bathrooms
• Slow Home Space Planning & Organization: The Bathroom
• Bathroom Basics: Clean and Organized
(Images: As linked above)