Lately we've been trying to buy most of our gifts on Etsy, or from local businesses who carry handmade goods. Sometimes Etsy can be a bit overwhelming, though—despite its user-friendly design, there are just so many vendors that it's easy to feel like you're missing something great. Fortunately we've got Poppytalk, a blog a lot of you probably already enjoy, which is devoted, among other things, to promoting independent artists and craftspeople. Right now Poppytalk is in the process of posting a list of 70 reasons to buy handmade, complete with offerings from wonderful (and sometimes unfamiliar!) artists, perfect for those of us in the market for shower and wedding gifts this summer...
Here are a few of our favorite gift ideas from Poppytalk's list so far... and they're only in the twenties!
• 1 Monogram mug from Berd & Bee
• 2 Sunny yellow bowls from Up in the Air Somewhere
• 3 Ceramics from Vancouver artist Grace from eikcam
• 4 Birch pillows from Rural Diaspora
• 5 Typographical plate from Take Me Homeware