us and us). Unfortunately for those of us who waited on pulling the trigger, it's now officially sold out through early 2012 - that's a longer wait time than the new iPhone 4S! Apple's not the only one that's got it figured out - make a smart looking and working device and people will flock to it while throwing money out of their pockets. But if you missed the boat (like we did) there are many options for smart thermostats or hiding your plain jane one so you're not completely left out in the cold. closed their online storefront until they're re-stocked sometime "early next year." For those who pre-ordered, Nest assures you that you'll get your unit (shipped out on the date listed in your confirmation e-mail). Those who simply reserved one have to wait for delivery sometime between December and February. The rest of us late bloomers will have to wait until sometime after to get our mitts on one. In the meantime, check out these great tips, tricks, techniques to make do with what you've got, upgrade to other options, or simply figuring out why/where your house costs so much to heat!
- Trane's Deluxe Programmable Digital Thermostat
- Carrier Programmable Thermostats: Now with a Pretty Face
- DIY: Install a Programmable Thermostat
- Use a Thermostat to Control a Space Heater
- How To Disguise Your Ugly Digital Thermostat
- Hiding Thermostats, Radiators and A/C Units
- How to Hide Thermostats and Door Buzzers