When I'm shopping for clothes, I often look for tops that will go with a lot of outfits without just being a white T-shirt. I want something versatile but still a little interesting. The same could be said for the perfect rug.
While they're all in neutral colors, each of these options works for its own reason. Some have interesting texture, and others introduce just a tiny bit of another color. In some, the pattern is small enough to not demand a ton of attention, or the colors included are all similar.
1. Jute chenille herringbone rug in natural/lagoon from West Elm, $229 for 5x8
2. Diamond platinum/white indoor/outdoor rug from Dash Albert, $148 for 4x6
3. Trellis natural indoor/outdoor rug from Crate & Barrel, $199 for 5x8
4. Stepping stones rug, midnight black, from Lulu & Georgia, $507 for 5x7'6
5. Silk sable rug from Anthropologie, $298 for 4x6
6. Mini pebble wool jute rug from West Elm, $279 for 5x8
7. Adelaide Persian-style rug from Pottery Barn, $1,109.99 for 5x8
8. Assembly Home stacked bar rug from Urban Outfitters, $199 for 5x7
9. Herringbone indigo woven cotton rug from Dash Albert, $125 for 4x6
10. Ivory flokati wool rug from World Market, $129 for 4x6
(Image credits: As linked)