When you lose your phone, you don't just lose an expensive device; you're also losing all your contacts' info, your photos, apps data and more. With these apps for Android and iOS devices, you can increase your chances of locating your lost phone, whether it's under the couch or in the back of a taxi across town.
- Prey Anti-Theft (free) - activate features on your phone via text message, such as phone locking, GPS tracking and an alarm
- McAfee Mobile Security ($19/year) - uses a remote site to locate your phone and can track SIM changes as well as wipe or restore data
- Where's My Droid (free or donate) - Text your cell phone to switch from silent mode, turn up the ringer and start the phone ringing, or activate GPS tracking
- Find My iPhone (free) - sign in with Apple ID to track on a map, display a message or sound, or remote lock or wipe the device
- GadgetTrack ($3.99) - Enable tracking via browser, send push notifications and even take a photo with the built-in cameras
- Tracker for iPhone ($1.99) - Track up to 2 devices, even when app isn't running, display a message or play a sound on the phone, and display location on a map; both devices must share a gmail account
What's your favorite tracking app or way to prevent phone loss? Share with Unplggd readers in the comments.
More Lost Things on Unplggd