As I was swooning over the sold-out Natalie Portman in "Hotel Chevalier" poster I showed you on Friday, I started wondering if other artists were also creating gorgeous prints in the Art Nouveau style. Thank goodness, a few of them are...
- This haunting Black Swan poster was created by Maura of Unspoiled Monsters as an art school assignment- I think she nailed it. You can also see her 1st and 2nd drafts!
- One of my favorite girls is serious about her love for Dr. Who (and she has pretty red hair like Amy Pond) and I'm pretty sure she needs this poster. Does anyone know who created it? And who knew Art Nouveau and sneakers went together so well?
- This darkly innocent poster is by the Italian trio of artists known as Malleus, as part of a show they did in San Francisco celebrating "a revival of psychedelic Art Nouveau-influenced new posters".
- A classy poster in a wonderfully restrained palette was created for the band Phish's "last" show, in 2004. I love the girl's haughty gaze, and the corn (I think?) growing around her. Again, does anyone know the artist?
- Finally, the one that kicked us off, N.Po in all her glory. This poster was made by Joshua Budich for last year's Bad Dads exhibition at Spoke Art, and is, sadly, sold-out.
If you love Art Nouveau posters as much as I do, I highly recommend doing a little searching for yourself: "Art Nouveau concert posters", "Art Nouveau movie posters", "new Art Nouveau". There are so many incredible examples that I didn't feature here...because they contain a lot of (very tasteful) nudity!