Husband and wife team Russell Pinch and Oona Bannon have created a new collection of graceful and iconic pieces for their line, Pinch. From their studio/ showroom in London they design furniture with a timeless quality where all items are made by hand (and to order) and built to last. They believe in using local resources, and employing only the best furniture makers from the UK.
• 1 Imo Stool. Solid walnut frame and a solid elm top. Imo folds down through its center, allowing it to be wall mounted using an accompanying walnut peg, so it may look as elegant when stored as it does in use.
• 2 Boyd 4 Seat Sofa. It has deep feather filled cushions and a tall sprung back. Available with tinted walnut, natural walnut or natural oak legs.
• 3 Joyce Cabinet is inspired by Victorian optometrists' shopfitting. It has sliding glass fronted doors and a cherry-lined interior with shelves and drawers. Available in solid timber and painted finishes with interior options of shelves and/or drawers.
• 4 Lowry Sideboard. Solid wood fins, of varying widths and depths, creating a sculptural front section. The fin sections also act as handles for the cupboards at each end and the two central drawers.
• 5 Lyle Console. Made from solid walnut with a drawer to its center and a honed limestone top.
See Pinch for more information. Russell also designs for a number of other retailers and brands including SCP, Ercol, Conran and Jamie Oliver’s JME home-ware range.
Images: Pinch and James Merrell