Happy 4th of July weekend! In today's news, Wright20's upcoming Mass Modern Auction (scheduled for July 9th) is now online — check it out for Mid-C classics entering the market. Plus, the New York Times shops with designers Jayne and Joan Michaels for new summer house furnishings, Design Observer reports on New Orleans East's struggles to recover, and a member of the UK Parliament coins a new term: "Scandinavian eco-bling." More news and links below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Wright20's Mass Modern Auction is Online
• Jayne and Joan Michaels Shop for Summer House Furnishings | The New York Times
• Below the Sill Plate: New Orleans East Struggles to Recover | Design Observer
• Diane Keaton Launches Tabletop Collection at Bed, Bath & Beyond | Editor at Large
• Housing minister expands on his criticism of "Scandinavian eco-bling" | AEC Magazine
Photo: Alvar Aalto Cantilevered Chair at Wright20's Upcoming Mass Modern Auction