Months later and I'm still geeking out on coverage of I Salone 2013 in Milan. Today I'm sharing a round up of new desk designs for small spaces, each of which debuted at this year's furniture show. We'll see these soon for sale (if they're not out already), so keep an eye out for them if you're in the market. Or for those DIYers out there in the world, use as fresh inspiration for new projects.
- The Desk Box is a sleek box which reveals a sliding desktop. It's wall mounted and space efficient.
- The Higher Desk is a minimal desk that can be used for reading a book or using a laptop. Higher than most desks, it also has an optional short leg, which lets you use existing surfaces as support.
- Berlin architect Elisabeth Lux designed the Nota writing desk with sliding storage compartments that can be pulled out and rearranged.
- The Appunto is a multi-functional table that, among its other uses, is the perfect size for a laptop. Built-in hooks add storage to the sides.
- The Litho is both a small wooden surface (with integrated drawer) combined with a lacquered extension panel. Its asymmetrical shape wraps around the person using it, increasing surface space while maintaining it's compact form.
(Images: as linked above)
ATVideo of the Day