It's been a notable last few days in the wireless device category, and we're finally starting to see a selection of devices which may eliminate all of those charging cables that are surreptitiously trying to procreate around your power plug. We're moving beyond yesterday's plug-and-play mentality to a future of proximity connectivity!
1. TDK Wireless Charging Speaker: This new portable speaker has a built-in Qi-compatible inductive charging pad on top, which means that you can charge up your devices by simply placing them on top. This speaker is also Bluetooth-compatible, so you won't need any wires to play your music.
2. Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone: The new Nokia Lumia 920 phone was just announced, and it comes with a 2,000 mAh Qi-compatible battery. That means that if you've got a compatible charging pad, you'll be able to wirelessly charge your phone.
3. JBL Power Up Speaker: This speaker looks more like a dock, but it uses no wires, thanks to its Bluetooth capabilities. It's going to be able to charge up the Nokia Lumia 820 and 920, as well as other devices.
4. Monster Purity Pro Headphones: These over-ear headphones from Monster look very distinctive, and have the ability to play your music with or without wires. They are USB-rechargeable, and have no on/off switch. Instead, a sensor automatically switches them off. When they are released, they will retail for around $375.
5. Audyssey Wireless Speakers: These speakers have a small profile and are Bluetooth-driven, so they can be placed anywhere in your home office. They've got .75-inch tweeters and four-inch passive radiators behind three-inch drivers. This is supposed to strengthen the lower frequencies without adding a massive subwoofer, thus keeping it diminutive.