The beginning of the year is a time of new things, of fresh starts. If you're feeling the urge to try something a little different in your home, we've got 11 ideas to help you shake up your look.
1. Paint the inside of your bookshelves.
A Paris apartment spotted on AirBnB
2. Hang art in an unexpected spot.
3. Paint your ceiling.
4. Hang a collection on the wall.
5. Draft something unusual into service as a table.
6. Use an oversized piece of art an in place of a headboard.
7. Wrap a gallery wall around a corner.
8. Hang a grownup mobile.
9. Paint (just) your trim.
10. Lean art (and display knickknacks) on a low console or shelf.
'Nobody Likes Your Boyfriend' quilt, $560 from Mother Made
11. Work in something a little bit cheeky.
(Image credits: The Design Chaser; AirBnB; Chris Stout-Hazard; Domino; Design Sponge; T Magazine; Lonny; AD Magazine; Homelife; Melissa Oholendt for The Everyday Girl via Wit & Delight; Mother Made; The Chic Home)