Mood boards are powerful tools for the visually inclined. Use them to harness your current thoughts and ideas, then keep organized when you move onto newer projects. Return and refer to these creative home bases again and again when you need a reminder or some quick motivation before moving forward. Here are five great examples...
1. Above, a netted inspiration board created by A Pair & A Spare that looks half bulletin board, half textile art.
2. A more industrial style board, made from chicken wire and strung on the wall by Carole Poirot.
3. A simple plywood sheet, leaning against the wall, makes for an informally modern board for collecting ideas and images. This one was styled by Sarah Widman.
4. This wall-mounted paper roll, also from A Pair & A Spare, is a clever way to capture your thoughts, and can be refreshed continually throughout the year.
5. Either message center, or mood board, this window-like glass surface — from Better Homes & Gardens — is great for jotting down quick ideas or reminders.