The design trends of 2012 are checked off and accounted for, so now comes the fun part: watching new ideas and patterns emerge in 2013. If the fashion runways are to be believed (and they probably should), then iridescence is on the loading dock.
It was bound to happen. The pairing of metallics and pastels happened in a big way this past year. Marry the two completely and you get shimmery pale materials that catch the light and produce a spectrum of shades. In a traditional home, this trend might surface as pearly white bathroom tile, or pink tinged mercury glass. Those with a more modern sensibility will embrace holographic foils worthy of a Led Zeppelin laser light show. Just think of the DIY projects!
Here's a sprinkling of items, but something tells me we'll see more soon. Keep your eyes peeled.
1. Iridescent Wall Treatment by Sarah Moffat
2. Starstruck Wallpaper by Graham & Brown
3. Pink Metallic Leather Garland by The Six Week Boutique
4. Pastel Glazed Tea Bowl from Leif
5. Metallic Linen Pillow Cover from Decidedly Chic
6. DIY Vase by the Do It Yourself Diva
7. Random* Chair from Pitaya Designs
8. Ovals Pillow from ABC Carpet & Home
9. Piggy Bank from Areaware
10. Iridescent Tile Bathroom by Alan Design Studio
(Images: as linked above)