If you're not quite ready to embrace purple paint, and the tidal wave of purple furnishings and accessories hasn't sparked your interest yet — Be Prepared! More purple is on the way. Here are the best purple items I spotted at the NYIGF:PURPLE MUST SEES:
• 1-3 Alexa Lixfield — Hamburg, Germany based designer is known for her handmade ceramics and textiles. Lavendar is her only color to pop against the collections' many neutral tones.
• 4 & 5 Normann Copenhagen — some classics of their collection are introduced in purple including the dustpan & broom and washing up rubber tub by Ole Jensen and the new diamond tea towels by Anne Lehmann
• 6 Koziol — purple, raisin and berry colors were out front in the Koziol booth!
• 7 Paul Smith for Stelton — winner of the Accent on Design Best Product Collection award, the new Stelton collection promises to help the purple reign continue
• 8 & 9Jonathan Adler — purple is a not a common color found in Jonathan Adler's extensive lines of home furnishings but it makes an appearance in the new insect embroidery pillows
• 10Blissliving Home — purple and burlap pillows!
PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED PURPLE
• Ready for Purple? Tons of Purple Inspiration
• Purple! Violet! Plum! Aubergine!
• Purple Things That I Don't Hate
• Purple Rooms That I Don't Hate
• Purple Rooms That I Don't Hate Part 2
• Purple Accents & Accessories for the Home
• Roundup: Purple Reign
Images: Aaron Able