We've been predicting the resurgence of macramé in home decor for awhile, and now that it's huge in the fashion world, we're figuring its time has come. The technique of knotting string or yarn has fallen in and out of popularity since the 1800s, but these modern examples of macramé have come a long way from grandma's living room.
1. Knotted Melati Hanging Chair from Anthropologie
2. Melburne, Australia-based Smalltown creates a dazzling array of modern macramé products and installations. Shown above is the Knotted Egg Light.
3. Handmade Mega Doily Rug by Ladies and Gentleman
4. Fisherman Light by TAF for Zero
5. Macramé hanging installation at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs, via Hatch
6. Macramé Light by Pernilla Jansson
7. Macramé Owls by Tamara Maynes
8. Plant Orb by Perch
9. Great how-to for making your own macramé plant holders from Skinny laMinx
10. Marcel Wanders' now-iconic Knotted Chair for Cappellini