Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- In Hell’s Kitchen in New York City, where space is seriously limited, I feel like I’ve been able to create a little oasis that feels light and welcoming. Since I’m young, I don’t have a ton of disposable income to spend on decorating and furnishing my apartment. Because of that, I was able to take time and make just about everything I needed for way less money. From the frames and art on the walls and my breakfast table, to the over-dyed rug and duvet cover, I have made basically everything I could to stay on a budget. It feels great to live in a place I created.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. I love to be surrounded by light, bright colors that make me happy. Don’t be afraid to be bold! I had doubts about the golden color I painted my kitchen until I was finished and able to step back and enjoy it.
2. Stay clean and organized! Nothing closes a space in like extra objects and clutter.
3. If you love something, find a way to work it into the space. This is where you live, so you should love everything in your apartment or house.
See all entries