Location: New Jersey
My life revolves around babies. Seriously. So when it was time to have my own, I thought it would be that much easier and I was very wrong. I own a modern baby store (NessaLee Baby) and one of the things we offer to our customers is custom nursery design. So over the last two years I've been involved in every step of designing other people's modern nurseries all day. I knew so many people would see my nursery and felt more pressure to make him a space that reflected our style and fit in with the rest of our home, but also represented what our store offers.
The most challenging part was getting the paneled wall perfect. It took us an entire day, but was well worth it! The clear acrylic name plate ties together all the acrylic in the room. Initially we planned on mounting the letters directly to the panels, but I'm so happy that didn't work out because it turned out so much better this way.
• Crib & Changer: Spot on Square ROH
• Mattress, Orange Blanket & Changing Pad: Nook
• Chair & Ottoman: Monte Luca
• Rocker: Bloom Plexistyle
• Curtains: Custom made
• Trunk/Chevron Area Rug: I bought both for other projects and was so happy when I found the home for them in Nixon's nursery.
• Frames & Photo Ledge: Ikea
• 3 Little Frames & Artwork: Ever After Design Studio
• Paint: Benjamin Moore Harbor Gray