I say, down with the coffee table! Instead of using the conventional coffee table, which eats up a huge amount of space in the middle of the room, consider using two sets of nesting tables, placed at each end of a sofa. This way, you get a coffee table when you need one that also hides away when you don't. Simply slide out the smaller table of one set with the smaller table of another. Butt them against each other in front of your sofa and voila! You instantly have a rectangular coffee table. This is especially helpful if you're looking for more multifunctional pieces for your smaller space. Read more for details...
On days when you need floor space for boardgames or playing children, slide away your "coffee table" back under their mates at each end of your sofa. These nesting tables are made of recyclable and durable materials like steel, slate, and glass.
How to get the look:
- Simply slide out the smaller table from TWO nesting table sets, located at opposite end of your sofa.
- Butt the two tables against against each other, side by side in front of your sofa.
- Make sure to use the same sized tables.
(Shown above the jump, from left to right)
1. Kubica Nesting Tables, Set of Two, $750.00 from Modern Industry.
2. Klubbo Nesting Tables, $79.99 from Ikea.
3. Slate Nesting Tables set of 3, $109.00 from 4D Concepts.
4. Artisan Ridge Nesting Tables, ($ Call for pricing) from Broyhill.
5. Set of 2 Dune Nesting Tables, $296.65 from Crate and Barrel.
(Images as linked)