From everyday washing up to deep spring cleaning, we like to pair our healthy cleaning products with green and reusable cleaning tools. Here are some long-lasting alternatives to disposables like paper towels, sponges, and dryer sheets.
• Paper towels, try strong, reusable cloths such as the Twist Euro Cloth, Skoy Cloth, or Trader Joe's Super Amazing Kitchen Cloth.
• Swiffer cloths, try making your own pads or buying this crocheted cover from Etsy seller Ollie's Boutique.
• Disposable sponges, try a durable scrub brush or dish brush like these ones from Full Circle. The bamboo dish brush has a replaceable head.
• Dryer sheets, try making your own DIY dryer sachets using dried herbs like lavender and essential oils.
• Store-bought cleaning tools, try giving new life to old objects – scrub grout and fixtures with old toothbrushes, put single socks to use as dust rags, and turn t-shirts into dish scrubbers.
Do you have any other favorite reusable cleaning tools?
(Images: Skoy Cloth, Ollie's Boutique, Faith Durand, ReFabulous, Caroline)