Week two of the No New Plastic Challenge has begun. Week one was tough, taking a hard look at just how much plastic there is out there can be daunting. Almost everything we buy has some kind of plastic component so for us this made us rethink pretty much everything we buy. How did you do?
This week we:
- Shopped in the bulk section of our grocery store to get our grains sans plastic.
- Made our own laundry detergent.
- Consumed less and started working on eating those things in the pantry that have been just sitting around.
- Made our own produce bags.
- Made our own bread bags.
- Took a plastic inventory and recycled more plastic than we realized we had.
- Recognized hidden plastic sources in plastic coated cardboard, plastic coated aluminum soda cans, in clothing and other places.
- Shopped at Life Without Plastic.
How did you do this week? What did you discover?
(Image: Allison Verdoorn)