Whether you're attempting to block the aggressive summer sun or seeking relief from the traffic noise on your busy city street, light- and noise-blocking curtains can help. Here are some stylish options to buy or DIY:
1 & 2. Custom Blackout Roman Shades and DIY Roman Shades from Mini Blinds from Little Green Notebook (instructions for adding blackout fabric are included in the detailed tutorial).
3. DIY Blackout Curtains by better than i could have imagined
4. DIY Blackout Curtains by I Am Momma Hear Me Roar
5. DIY Blackout Curtains by I Can Grow People
6. Baby Blackout Curtains by Holly Helps
7 & 8. Harper Blackout Cordless Roman Shade, $149-$229 and Canvas Trim Blackout Curtains, $69-$89 by Pottery Barn Kids (they have a surprisingly great blackout curtain/shade selection).
9. Tupplur Cordless Block-out Roller Blinds from IKEA, $14.99
10. Custom Curtains from Restoration Hardware, prices vary (all of RH's curtains are custom-made with an optional blackout lining).