Design and Inspiration - that's what it's all about. It's the heart and soul of what all of us interior design fans look for day in and day out. Now is the time to vote for your top choice for the best design-centric blog of the year!
Vote now for your choice for the Best Home Design & Inspiration blog for 2014, and be sure to vote in the finals in our other categories, too.
Good luck to all the finalists and happy voting!
More Home Design Categories
Home Cooking Categories
Meet Our Judges
Two judges graciously helped us choose five finalists for each category.
Sarah Firshein is the founding editor of Curbed National, a daily site covering real estate, interiors, and architecture. She was previously the features editor for Cottages & Gardens magazines.
Kate Riley is the blogger behind Centsational Girl. This incurable DIYer resides in California's Wine Country and spends her days writing about clever DIY projects, home improvement, and smart, budget friendly interior design. Kate's been nominated several years in a row for The Homies but this year she's proud to be a part of the honorary panel of judges weighing in on which blog deserves the accolades. When she's not wielding a paintbrush, most likely she's holding a glass of Petite Syrah in her hand. Catch up with Kate at her blog Centsational Girl.
Read more about The Homies and see all past winners!
The Homies at a Glance
- Week 1 - Nomination: Nominate your favorite home design and cooking blogs from Friday, February 14 - Friday, February 21 (until midnight EST). Nominations are approved manually by the editors.
- Week 2 - Voting: Vote on the ten finalists in each category Saturday, February 22 - Wednesday, Feb. 26 (until midnight EST).
- Winners' Weekend: Winners will be announced Friday February 28.
- How are finalists determined? The top five most nominated blogs in each category will become five of the ten finalists.The other five finalists in each category be chosen from the nominees by our editors and a panel of judges.
- Can I nominate more than one blog? Yes! Nominate as many blogs as you like. The main goal here is to discover and share blogs we love.
- Can someone be a finalist in more than one category? Nope. They can be nominated in all categories, but they'll only be eligible for finalist status in the category where they received the most nominations.
- Why wasn't my nomination approved yet? We manually approve each nomination, and we do this on a rolling basis as quickly as we can.
Nominations are now closed. The votes counts below established the 5 readers choice finalists included in the ballot above. The remaining 5 finalists were selected by our judges panel.
(Note: Manhattan Nest received an even higher nomination count in the Home Projects & DIY category, and since blogs can only be a finalist in one category, is included in that finalist vote.)
(Image credits: Emily Henderson; Emily Henderson; Andrea Sparicio; Michael Grimm; Centsational Girl)