I get the sense that we have some avid readers here on Apartment Therapy. The discarding, collection, and hoarding of books are always contentious topics, and many of our house tours feature cozy areas designed for reading. So if you're a reader, where do you do most of your reading?
Curled up in an armchair, nestled into a nook, tucked into bed? Or not at home at all? (Maybe you're a commute- or coffee-shop-only reader.) Do you have a designated spot, or is it just when the mood strikes? As a girl I dreamed of tiny reading nooks and window seats, and I'd be lying if I said that those fantasies hasn't stuck with me into adulthood.
I find myself gravitating to the same place every time I read, and while I didn't design the spot with reading in mind, it's got the perfect lighting, a little side table for coffee, and plenty of space for pillows and a blanket. It's become one of my favorite spots, and I suspect that I'm not alone in having a designated reading area.
Here are some cozy places from our house tours that I wouldn't mind curling up with a good book.
1. Christina's Comfortable, Collected Austin Abode
2. Abigail Ahern's Dark and Dramatic East London Home
3. Erin's Warm and Wood-Wrapped Austin Budget Bungalow
4. Eva & Jason's Charming Craftsman Bungalow
5. Rena's Global Eclectic San Francisco Apartment
1. Mitch's Creative Take on a Classic Space
2. The Beautifully Strange World of Miranda Lake
3. Thomas's Modern Minimalist Home
4. Desanka's Visionary Lux Lodge
5. Karen & Deborah's Cherrywood Renovation