In my opinion, the best part of the granny chic trend is the renewed appreciation for some beautiful antique wares that were once considered only stylish for actual grannies, and even then only on special occasions. Increasingly, these once precious pieces are finding their way out of the china closet and onto the walls for everyday inspiration...
• 1. Silver trays make eye-catching alternatives to groups of mirrors. I this display would have a more clean modern appeal if the wall had been painted a flat solid color which would highlight the silver's patina. However even so, I like the variety of shapes and the ornate design juxtaposed against the bold pattern on the upholstered bench.
• 2. The fluid arrangement and bold combination of new and old plates give this plate display a contemporary edge.
• 3. Teacups are a granny staple for sure, but this arrangement has a decidedly fresh appeal with the dainty upper teacup displayed with two graphic contemporary versions, all juxtaposed against the casual rustic shadow boxes.
• 4. Teacups also have a wonderfully whimsical side, especially when displayed with other vintage inspired items like these beautiful books.
• 5. & 6. Silver and brass candlesticks are not usually items found on a contemporary tablescape, they usually seem just a bit too formal. However, they seem more accessible and more sculptural somehow when grouped in formations— the more the merrier!