Single-origin bar? Snooze.
Give me a chocolate Swiss Army Knife and I'll be your eternal Valentine...
I wanted to say, "Give me some chocolate Dungeons & Dragons gaming dice", but I was worried there would be follow-up questions, and then I'd have to admit I've never played and don't really have any idea what D&D is
, so I went the safe route. I do love multi-tools! On to the chocolatey home goods..
(Images: As credited above.)
- DesignTaxi showcased this chocolate lamp (there's a video!), created by designer Alexander Lervik. Once its incandescent bulb is switched on, the lamp goes from a glossy block to a sweet puddle within 15 minutes. What you and your Valentine do with all that melted chocolate is up to you.
- A few years ago, Apartment Therapy featured the world's most delicious Mies van der Rohe, The Barcelona Daybed In Chocolate... Literally. Does anyone else remember reading that the cake was served by topless women?
- Sure, I've spilled maple syrup on my laptop keyboard, but it's still nowhere as delicious as a solid dark chocolate keyboard. Geek Alert wants you to know that carpal tunnel syndrome is now more enticing and romantic than ever, thanks to artist Michael Sholk
- Geek Alert also wanted to be sure you have a Swiss Chocolate Knife on hand, to get you out of all sorts of jams. Sadly, I've been unable to find an online source, and the always-helpful Candy Blog had to go to Germany to find them. Someone in Portland really needs to start making something similar: I'm more of a Leatherman girl, myself.
- This finally brings us to those D&D dice from ThinkGeek: d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20, if that means anything to you. I also thought you might like to know that ThinkGeek carries Han Solo Carbonite Chocolate, perhaps not a home good per se, but it might be the perfect treat for your Valentine.